Want to go on a challenging trekking journey on Nepal's isolated trails? If so, the fantastic Kanchenjunga circuit trek is perfect for you. All Nepal Hiking's excellent journey package is all you could want! The Kanchenjunga region is well-known for its off-the-beaten-path, unspoiled routes. This thrilling journey will take you through various picturesque sights and natural terrains. To get to your destination, you must pass through forests with lush vegetation. The Kanchenjunga Circuit walk visits Kanchenjunga's north and south base camps, the world's third-highest peak at 8,586 meters. You should be in good shape and have some trekking experience because this is a remote region tour.
Kanchenjunga Trek 22 Days is an incredible north-to-south option to complete Round Kanchenjunga Circuit Trekking with formidable packages cost with a trailer Itinerary for those travelers to explore the pure Nature and mountains. Kanchenjunga trek provides amazing snow-capped mountains, landscapes, and exotic panoramic views of the High Himalayas. Kanchenjunga circuit trekking only for group trek Mount Kanchenjunga 8,586 m is the third-highest peak in the World. This is one of the unexplored and virgin trekking routes located in the eastern part of Nepal. Trekking in Kanchenjunga is a pleasing trail that offers us wonderful snow-capped mountains, Landscapes, and exotic scenic views of the Himalayas. You can enjoy different types of small and high snowy peaks above 8,000 m and below 8,000 m popular peaks such as Mount. Everest 8,848 m, Mount Makalu 8,201 m and Mount. Lhotse 8,516 m etc
History of Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Located in the far eastern region of Nepal, near the Sikkim border, Kanchenjunga was once thought to be the world's highest peak until the 1800s. It wasn't accessible to trekkers initially, but in the mid-1980s, it opened up for exploration. The area is now protected by the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area, necessitating a special trekking permit. These regulations have effectively maintained the area's untouched natural beauty and diverse plant and animal life. Apart from the towering Kanchenjunga peak, there are four other subsidiary summits over 8,000 meters, with Kanchenjunga West (Yalung Kang) at 8,505 meters being the most prominent. The region also features about twenty peaks surpassing 7,000 meters, including Kambachen, Janu, Jongsong, Kabru, Tent Peak, and the Twins.
Furthermore, the region has numerous peaks exceeding 6,000 meters and five major glacier systems. While the Zumu, Talung, and Rathong glaciers flow into Sikkim, the Kanchenjunga and Yalung glaciers feed into Nepal's Tamor River. The recent addition of the Great Himalayan Trail to the trekking network has led to gradual tourism development in remote areas like Kanchenjunga. This has resulted in the establishment of more accommodations along the route, benefiting local communities. However, the current period presents a unique opportunity to explore Kanchenjunga before it gains popularity among trekkers.
Trekking Insurance for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
Trekking insurance is a compulsory requirement for all trekkers participating in Nepal's various trekking routes, including the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek. Having trekking insurance serves multiple purposes. It not only grants you a sense of security and financial safeguarding in unforeseen situations during your trek but also fulfills the prerequisites for obtaining the necessary permits for trekking in Nepal.
An ideal insurance policy should encompass a range of provisions, including coverage for emergency medical expenditures, helicopter evacuation if needed, trip cancellation or interruption, and the loss or theft of personal belongings. Prioritize your personal safety and overall well-being by procuring a dependable trekking insurance policy that is tailored to the unique challenges and experiences of the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek.
Permits Needed for the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
2. Restricted Area Entry Permit (RAP) specifically for the trail sections in Tapethok and Yamphuding VDCs.
Fees for Permits on the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
The permit costs for the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek are outlined as follows:
1. Kanchenjunga Conservation Area Project Entry Permit (KCAP): NPR 2,000 per individual. This permit does not have a time limitation.
2. Kanchenjunga Restricted Area Permit (KRAP): USD 10 per person per week.
Essential Criteria for the Kanchenjunga Trek Restricted Area Permit (RAP)
The following documents and particulars are required to obtain the Restricted Area Permit (RAP) for the Kanchenjunga Trek:
1. A valid passport with a minimum validity of six months beyond the expiration date of the RAP.
2. A valid Nepal visa that extends beyond the RAP's expiry date.
3. A letter from the trekking agency, including the subsequent details:
- Application particulars
- Itinerary of the trek
- Details of the guide's insurance
- Online submission ID issued by the agency
- Information regarding the necessary dollars
- An electronic copy of a passport-sized photograph.
Why do the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek?
Embarking on the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek offers not just an adventure, but an opportunity to immerse yourself in breathtaking natural beauty, cultural encounters, and a profound sense of achievement.
- Uncover the unexplored trails of Nepal's eastern mountainous regions.
- Stroll alongside renowned glacial lakes in the vicinity.
- Immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring journey through diverse biodiversity.
- Find tranquility through meditation at Ramtang and Oktang Monasteries, rejuvenating your spirit.
- Savor moments of bliss as you unwind in tents beneath the majestic peaks.
- For those who find the Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek ambitious, consider exploring our blog on "Beginner Treks in Nepal," catering to novice trekkers and families with children. These treks offer stunning mountain views and an enriching experience.
The local ethnic communities you'll encounter include Bhotiya, Sherpa, Tamang, Limbu, Rai, Gurung, among others. The trails are adorned with Buddhist heritage sites like chortens, mani walls, gompas, and prayer flags. All Nepal Hiking provides an excellent Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek package at an affordable price. Feel free to reach out to us to secure your spot on this awe-inspiring trek through the Himalayan foothills. Safe travels!